I love love love reading and watching what people got for Christmas because I’m so nosy, but I also know a lot of ‘stop showing off/wow you’re so ungrateful/stop rubbing it in’ chat comes alongside that. So I’m not going to do a whole ‘here’s what I got for Christmas guys!!!!’ thing, but like last year (which you can read here), I did a blog post on the skin and makeup bits I received, and people seemed to like it and asked for specific reviews of some of the products. So it’s not full reviews or anything cos I haven’t tried most of them out yet, just lil snippets.
Also I hate having to do disclaimers like this but yes I love beauty more than life itself so the majority of the presents I received were beauty based, and yes I am extremely lucky and grateful, and also *I’ve had a hefty Space NK discount card for the last few months I’ve been taking advantage of and lending to my parents when they’ve gone off Christmas shopping*. Ok, we good? We got that out the way? Then we shall commence.
Peter Thomas Roth:
My belief is everything Peter touches turns to skincare magic, no lie.
- PTR Cucumber De-Tox mask kit
- PTR Gentle Foaming Cleanser (my fav gentle makeup remover)
- PTR Camu Camu Powder (super cool powder cleanser)
- PTS Laser Resurfacing Dragon’s Blood Serum (IT’S RED!! But I trust him)
Never tried anything from this brand but all the reviews online are A+.
- Dr Brandt Glow Overnight Resurfacing Serum (heard gr8 things)
- Dr Brandt Revitalizing Retinol Eye Cream (I’ve never used an eye cream before and thought it was probably time to start tbh)
- Dr Brandt Light Years Away Brightening Cream Cleanser
- Sunday Riley UFO oil (so excited to start pairing this with my fav Good Genes)
- A festive edition of the Pixi Glow Tonic
- A new Clarisonic Deep Pore head as mine was 6 months old (ew gross I know)
- Clinique Moisture Surge kit including an eye cream, overnight mask and Chubby Stick
Other skin bits:
Oops forgot to include these in the other photos. This is the Lancome Gel Eclat I use every day with my Clarisonic, and it came with a cleansing cloth. I also got some ALMAY makeup remover pre-soaked pads and a Scentered therapy balm (which I thought was a lip balm at first but is actually a pulse point relaxation stick, which is v cool).
Joel went into Space NK, Aesop and Kiehl’s for two months asking if they had any spare samples they could give his sample obsessed girlfriend, which I think is the cutest gift everrrrr. *cryin emoji face*
GOD DAMN. Ok I did get a lot of makeup, pls bear in mind it is my favourite thing in the whole wide world.
As I haven’t used all of it, I’m going to do a quick list and then if there’s anything on it you want to hear in depth reviews of let me know and I’ll do that!
- Violet Voss Holy Grail palette
- Too Faced Cat Eyes palette
- Hourglass Ambient Light palette (and two samples, one of their Film Noir mascara and one of their Mineral Veil primer)
- Real Techniques Highlight & Strobing brush set (THIS SET IS AMAZING, GO GET IT IN THE SALES)
- Real Techniques brush cleaner (I’ve used this before and sadly it’s not my fav but I’ll still use it)
- Benefit Girlesque Makeup Tub (incl. full size Hoola Bronzer, They’re Real! Mascara, PoreFessional primer and a mini BeneTint)
- Jouer Mini Nude lip cream set (omg soooo excited about this, one of my favourite gifts)
- The Balm Mary Loumanizer (and The Balm mini Matt Kumar and mini Swiss Dot blush, and a mini Bam lipgloss)
- Morphe M441
- Chanel Tan De Soleil (q scared of this one)
- Clinique Superbalanced Foundation
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Brunette
- Bare Minerals ‘Mine’s A Double’ Mascara Set
- OPI ‘Put It In Neutral’ polish
- Diptyque ‘Do Son’ perfume
- A Birchbox subscription
I got Too Faced’s Cat Eyes from my nan, Violet Voss’s Holy Grail from Joel (!!! I’d never even mentioned wanting this before! x1000 brownie points) and the Hourglass Ambient Light palette from my dad, which I’ve tried out and looooove.
I got Diptyque’s Do Son which I am *so* excited about as I have it in a solid perfume and have been sneaking into my mum’s room to spray hers for the last six months so I’m excited to finally own it myself.
Last but definitely not least, Joel’s sister got me a Birchbox subscription which is SO lovely of her because she definitely didn’t even need to get me a gift let alone a couple months worth of gifts. I love gifts like this because you don’t use it once then forget about it, if it’s being delivered to your door every month. I’ve also never had a beauty subscription box before so this is my first one! *ALSO* as you can see from above, samples are my FAVOURITE thing, so getting a box of sample sized beauty products every month is so exciting to me. What a v sweet and thoughtful gift.
What makeup did Santa bring you? HMU on any socials if you want reviews of anything in specific, like, would you be interested in me reviewing the Birchboxes as I get them? Doing a lil tour of my palettes? How I get on with the Sunday Riley products? Anything like that, lmk.
Anyway I hope you all had a FAB Christmas and I know I said it in my last blog post but this *actually* will be my last post of 2016 (well, I say this, BUT I NOW HAVE MY FULL REVIEW OF THE SPACE NK & M&S ADVENT CALENDARS AND I’M LIKE ??? SHALL I WRITE IT UP OR DO MY ESSAYS AND HAVE FUN W/ MY FRUNDZ??????) anyways HAVE A FUN NYE BABIES STAY SAFE.